We are currently looking for a Construction Project Manager with expertise in Airport project to join our team.
Candidate would manage our upcoming project located at Miami International Airport for the Taxiway R, S and T Rehabilitation, Extension and Relocation, Project No. P256A, scheduled to start on January 2018, with duration of 1,068 calendar days, and other minor airport related Projects. The ideal candidate will be in charge of controlling the time, cost and quality of the Project, coordinating all aspects of the construction process, including working with engineers, subcontractors, vendors, in house Superintendents and field personnel.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in airport construction.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook. Skills with Primavera is a plus.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
Job Responsibilities: The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Determining scheduling of different phases based on established deadlines.
- Preparation, submittal & update of CPM Schedule in Primavera.
- Provide and review changes to project specs and/or budget overruns for the preparation of change orders.
- Negotiate change orders with engineers, vendors and subcontractors.
- Securing all permits and licensing requirements.
- Scheduling of materials and equipment to the airport on a timely manner.
- Daily project productivity evaluation to establish required actions to resolve/mitigate problems that arise due to inclement weather, emergencies or other issues that may cause delays.
- Ensure projects are completed in accordance with the customer deadlines.
- Ensures all field personnel are observing safety policies.
- Must be available to work varying and flexible hours.
- Honest and strong worth ethic.
Bachelor’s degree in a construction-related field, such as building science, construction management or civil engineering.
A P.E. license is not required.
Compensation is commensurable with experience.
Security Clearance is required on this project.
General Asphalt Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Female and Minority candidates are welcomed to apply.